Frequently asked questions
A MoMo Agent is a neighborhood shop where you can visit to send and receive money anywhere in Nigeria. It is safe, fast and convenient.
Customers can perform Cash2Cash transaction at a MoMo Agent outlet. Cash2Cash is a MoMo Agent service that allows customers of MTN to send and receive money from any part of Nigeria. Customers don’t need to have a bank account to send or receive money. All that is required is a visit to a MoMo Agent near you to either send or receive money.
To locate a MoMo agent, simply dial *223# & follow the prompts. List of agents, their phone number and addresses will be displayed. This service is free.
Any un-redeemed 5 digit secret code expires after 30 days. Sender can request for his money back by calling 180.
- Dial our customer service desk on 180. The customer service desk operates 24 hours.
- Agents are offered a dedicated line on 182.
You can call our call center on 180 to be guided on the 5 digit secret code regeneration process.
You don’t have to worry, as the funds cannot be redeemed with only your 5 digit secret code. To redeem the cash, the receiver will have to get your 5 digit secret code and his 5 digit secret code (which was sent by the system directly to his/her phone). However, you will need to visit an MTN shop for welcome back and get your sim replaced.
No, you have to withdraw the total amount sent to you.
Send/ Receive Money
- Customer (Sender) approaches Agent to send money and hands over cash to agent.
- Agent enters sender and receiver’s phone numbers and performs transaction
- The Customer (Sender) receives a 5 digit secret code to be shared with the receiver for redemption while the receiver receives a different 5 digits token required at the point of redemption.
- The sender informs the receiver to take both tokens to the nearest Agent for cash redemption.
- The customer (receiver), gets a 5-digit code sent directly to his/her phone.
- The customer (receiver) also gets a separate 5-digit code from the sender.
- The receiver takes the 2 codes (10 digits) to a MoMo Agent and cash-out.
No, the service is not available for international transfers. It only covers local transfers and open to MTN customers currently.
The Minimum is N100.